Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tea Time
Yesterday I received an invite to a friends high tea hens party which I think is such a great idea. I have noticed that high tea is starting to become more and more popular. Girls who dont want the big night out are prefering to go out for a stylish high tea instead. It's also a great way to include the older family members as part of a kitchen tea. One of my most favourite high tea experiences was when I was in London earlier this year at The Lanesborough. On previous trips to London I had tried high tea at Claridges which was fantastic, but The Lanesborough took high tea to another level. It won best Afternoon Tea in London awarded by the UK Tea Council and was absolutely divine, they even employ a tea sommelier!

High Tea at The Lanesborough




Some great venues for high tea in Australia are:
The Tea Room QVB in Sydney
Aria at The Langham in Melbourne
The Apothecary 1878 in Adelaide
The Hyatt in Perth
The Sofitel in Brisbane

Posted by Emma Henderson

No comments: