Friday, July 17, 2009

Paris Packs a Punch #3
Paris Haute Couture Autumn/Winter 09/10

I'm a huge fan of black. Most days I'm in black, whether it be jeans, heels, jackets; black is my colour. I absolutely adored the ball gowns shown by Valentino. The exact attention to detail and the romanticism they evoked were truly amazing. The use of laces layered over tulles and silks added modernism while the use of sheer fabrics wrapped around the body like a bandages added sexiness. Jean Paul Gaultier's collection took the futuristic look to the next level. Sharp tailoring and structured bodices teemed with long, flowing skirts added softness. I love the textured stockings teemed with the mini wedding dress. So chic!


Valentino






Jean Paul Gaultier




Photos courtesy of Vogue Australia

Posted by Emilie Harrison

No comments: