Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Golden Globe Awards 2010

The 2010 Golden Globe Awards hail the start of the awards season. I'm a sucker for celebrities in gorgeous dresses and I must admit I can be a fairly harsh critic. I'm not into boring, nor am I keen on pieces that have been done to death in the past. There were some simply amazing gowns this year in an aray of divine colours and with spectacular details. Kate Hudson was my best dressed for the evening. Her Marchesa gown (yes, I'm biased because I'm obsessed with Marchesa) was, quite simply put, immaculate. The hair, the earrings, the shoes... ah-mazing. Penelope Cruz was the definition of refined, Hollywood glamour. Her exquisite Armani Prive gown suited her figure down to a tee. Drew Barrymore's Atelier Versace gown was touch and go for many but I was a fan. Gorgeous colour, interesting details but still classic. Bravo! Diane Kruger was a knockout. Good on her for supporting Christian Lacroix, a couture label who faced a tumultuous 2009. The gown was a ravishing shade of pink and the white accessories were absolutely perfect. She had fabulous arm candy too.. lucky girl! Now we must sit and wait impatiently for the Oscars!


Kate Hudson in Marchesa


Heidi Klum in Cavalli & Seal


Rose Byrne in Lanvin


Penelope Cruz in Armani Prive


Jamie Pressly in Kevan Hall


January Jones in Lanvin


Drew Barrymore in Atelier Versace


Fergie in Elie Saab & Josh Duhamel


Diane Kruger in Christian Lacroix & Joshua Jackson and Steven Moyer & Anna Paquin in Stella McCartney


Olivia Wilde in Gucci


Maggie Gyllenhaal in RM Roland Mouret
Photos courtesy of handbag.com

Posted by Emilie Harrison

Bookmark and Share

No comments: