Friday, September 4, 2009

Short Wedding Dresses

I must say I love a short wedding dress. I have noticed some brides are opting for a traditional gown for the ceremony and then changing into a more comfy and sometimes short number for the reception. It makes sense - do you really want to be uncomfortable for your whole wedding day? I am totally loving all of Thurley's Spring/Summer 09 collection and think a lot of her dresses could provide inspiration for a shorter option for the reception or even whole wedding if you desire! The best part is that you can really justify buying that extravagant pair of shoes as they will be out on show and not hidden behind your dress!











In Issue 5 we featured real bride Samantha wearing a gorgeous short Collette Dinnigan dress.


In Issue 4 we featured Kate and Wayne's wedding, Kate's short dress was made by Be Unique.





Posted by Emma Henderson

1 comment:

rubyandjoy said...

Oh would love to wear a short dress, but something tells me this will be my only opportunity to be in a dress befitting European royalty. Or something. Perhaps we can start the US rehearsal dinner tradition up here...then we'll get TWO events to plan and frock up to. ooh. I like it.