Thursday, July 8, 2010

We're Flattered!

Emilie found a new wedding magazine in the newsagents this week. She brought it in to show me as she knew it would interest me. You see, there are a few pages in there that are strikingly similar to pages I've designed for previous issues. I guess there will always be similarities between publications, it's inevitable when designers take inspiration from the same sources, but yep, there was no doubting it for me - these were pretty close.


That's the new publication's page on the left, and our page on the right.

I contacted the publishers and they've kindly agreed to change the design for their next issue. We really are very flattered!

Posted by Jane Cameron
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have to say that I just love your layout and graphics, your magazine's content is spectacular, but I always, always notice how gorgeous the layout is, so fresh and well designed with such attention to detail. I literally marvel at each page, you do a wonderful job so I'm not surprised that other publications are similarly inspired!

Style Guide Magazine said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. It is always so nice to hear such great feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write in. Jane.