Picking the theme for your reception comes down to personal choice. Let it be a reflection of you as a couple. Most reception venues are happy to work with you on your theme and ideas.
You could choose your theme based on:
- Your gown design. You fell in love with your gown and the elegance or colour of it inspires your theme.
- Your wedding stationery design. You sent out those wedding invitations months ago and just love their design!
- The location of the reception! e.g. your venue is by the seaside, on a farm or in a beautiful garden!
- The season you are being married in. Winter weddings can be spectacular!
- Your favourite flower/s that are in season!
- Your favourite colours!
- a reflection of your personalities (e.g you both think it would be fun to have a gothic, pirate, or medieval wedding)
- pure elegance.
There is no right or wrong... just what is right for you and your partner!
Whatever you do bringing a bit of DIY to your wedding can help you feel more involved and appreciated on the day. Something that is handmade is more likely to be remembered by your guests long after the big day. You can have a lot of fun along the way with DIY by organising get-togethers with your friends to create the decorations too!
When no colour at all is allowed to creep in, jet black teamed with snowbally white makes a powerful impact. The clarity of the effect is breathtaking.
Patterns appear clear and sharp in monochrome. Here black and white shows a fun side with playful dots, stripes and floral paper napkin holder.
Download the floral paper here and trim into bands any size you like. Wrap around rolled napkins and secure with double-sided tape.
require Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view these pdfs. This is available free
of charge from www.adobe.com
We have just reduced the price of our archived 2007 magazines. You can download 2007 Issue 1 to Issue 4 (instant access) for $1.95 each or purchase the printed magazines Issue 1 and 4 only (2 and 3 are sold out) for $4.95 each plus postage (Australia Only). Click here for more information.
Real Wedding Inspiration!
Wedding Style Guide has put together some images from past Real Weddings for your inspiration.
Alexis Hemphill and Steven Elsea by Elizabeth Messina
Amy Moss and Mark Mandel by Jonathan Ong
Astrid Ramsden and Steven Harrison by McKay Photography
We would love to hear about your theme! You can leave a comment below or click here to upload images so we can share with all our readers what you did for your theme!